Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Who I am and What I do!





 GREETINGS!


My name is Abigayle Wilson and I am a member of New England Bible Church and am an independent missionary in the country of Guatemala. I was born and raised in New Hampshire and moved to Guatemala in 2010 to volunteer at a Christian school expecting to be there for no longer than six months. Three years later, I am here to tell you that my plans were changed, and that God’s plan for me was to live and serve Him here!

A few of the things that I do here consist of:

-Teaching at the Christian Academy of Guatemala (in the Music and Bible departments). I teach Bible to the 7th grade, Middle School Photography, Worship team and Discipleship. CAG is a community that is about one-third Guatemala, one-third American and one-third Korean. Several of the students are brought to Guatemala without choice because this is where their parents have either been called to serve or they brought their businesses here, and many of them struggle with that reality. My desire is to come along side of these kids and overwhelm them with the love of Christ, be with them through the ups and downs of being an MK or a child of a business family, to invest in their lives, and to be there for them as a “big sister”/mentor. I also am beginning to help out in our counseling department and am meeting with the high school girls once a month in awareness groups that a friend is heading up.

-Serving as a volunteer for my church here, Journey Church Guatemala. I serve there in the Big Student Ministries which is a ministry that we provide for our middle school and high school aged students in our church and community. Living here after living in a different country can be a challenge, especially when it comes down to the social life of a teenager. Imagine never being able to drive, walk or go anywhere alone. Not being able to just go to the mall or movies to hang out unless a parent or adult is with you. It may seem a little extreme, but that is the reality of living a teenage life here. BSM allows for the students to come to a safe place to hang out with friends, learn about God and to grow together once a week. We have fun activities for the kids and desire for them to live big for God!


-Connecting with the people. The missionary kids have a big spot in my heart, but so do the people of Guatemala! My goal is to overwhelm them with the love of Christ, to connect them with the truth and to encourage them in their personal walks with God. I have been given the opportunity to translate for some teams as well as to travel to a few villages close by and to minister to different people. It an amazing thing being able to connect people with THE Truth!




I would like to ask that you join me in prayer for the people that I come in contact with daily and that I would be a light for Jesus in a dark world! Also, I would like for you to prayerfully consider partnering with my ministry here financially this year. I have a need of $1,000 a month-that’s 20 people at $50 a month! If you feel led to partner with me in this way donations may be sent to:

Attn. A. Wilson

New England Bible Church

60 Chandler Rd.

Andover, MA

01810


A few other things I am in need of if you want to participate in one time giving are things such as plane tickets and a new car. My car has recently decided that it does not like to work anymore which makes it very difficult to be able to work efficiently. Plane tickets are so that I can have the opportunity to return to the States and meet with you all one on one as well as with other churches.



If you feel led to give as either a one-time gift or to become a monthly supporter, please let me know! 


I am so thankful and grateful for any amount you feel led to give! Currently I am at $200 a month which is well below what a single missionary needs to live here! I ask that you would prayerfully consider joining me in this!

If you have more questions about what I do here or would like more information here’s how you can contact me:


Facebook: Abby Wilson

Mailing address:

A.Wilson c/o Knudsen

P.O. Box 413

Chester, NH

03036



Thank you for taking time to read this letter and I pray that you have a wonderful 
 rest of the year!




Abigayle J. Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment