Thursday, February 12, 2015

Subbing, prayer, and provision.

This week I am subbing in another Bible class to help a coworker who is in the States currently. Middle school, early morning and not enough coffee tend to sit a little on the rough side for me. This is my first year in middle school. And on top of that, after deciding to be an awesome sub-I prepared the WRONG lesson leaving me about 30 minutes to put together the correct one! I felt unprepared, but I prayed and asked God to use me, my words and to let Him be glorified.

Our lesson on Tuesday was prayer, and how one of the key factors of prayer is praying with faith.After reading through an awesome story of how God had answered a prayer and being honest with the kids in our discussion of whether or not when something big comes we trust God to have the power to fix it. Do we believe really that He IS limitless and will take care of it how He sees fit?

 What I didn't know, was that on Tuesday after I finisehd teaching my lesson, I would return to my office to find out that I needed to pay $200 extra from my budget this month on car insurance by next week, on top of losing a piano student. On top of this, a 4 day trip to the States next month and still having no way of knowing how I was to get there.

 Needless to say, I quickly found myself slipping into a state of worry. I texted Rob who reminded me right off what I had just taught the kids about, and how the first thing that I needed to do was to go to God in prayer and remember that it is He who provides. It was definitely easier said than done, but I did it. I wrote out my prayer in my journal so that WHEN God answered my prayer, I would have proof always to remind myself of His faithfulness. I finished praying and felt peace flood through me, and I felt the prompt to not check my account until Thursday, today. I pushed it from my mind, and whenever it resurfaced, I surrendered it to God. This was a daily battle. Life on the field, depending on the support of those elsewhere to aid you in daily life, trusting that God will touch hearts and each month He will provide..it's hard! Anyways, this morning after finishing up our worship practice, I remembered that it was Thursday and that today was the day I was to check my account after feeling the Holy Spirit prompting me to not check it. I was walking up the stairs when I remembered, so I quickly hurried into my office and opened my account. God had provided a small portion of what I need for the month, but enough for the next few weeks.

What a HUGE reminder of how important my faith in God and his power is, and what an amazing answer to prayer.

Thank you to all of my prayer warriors out there! I appreciate and pray for all of you!

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment