Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pictures, Words and Dreams

So for a while I’ve been debating the idea of writing this for a while. I write all the time, I enjoy it. I’ve experienced enough unusual circumstances living in a third world country to write probably 5 books already, but writing books takes much more time than a quick little post about daily life and funny sights.

So, here's how this works. I'm the worst at maintaining a smooth running blog. I can't ever seem to remember when to write or what to write about. Pictures are my go to item that save the day whether by jogging a memory I had nearly forgotten about, or by taking up so much room there isn't any for words. I love pictures, don't get me wrong, I know the whole "a picture tells a thousand words" thing. I'm a photographer for crying out loud! But my goal is to Incorporate more stories, more of what I see captured in words, not colors. Yes, I will still add photos. They will just more as a summary than as the focal point. 

So why not? Here's to a new beginning of a series of blogs that maybe someday will turn themselves into 5 books. Maybe they will be read and passed around more than I ever dreamed of. Who knows! All I know is that, in this moment I hope you're intrigued enough to look for the next entry. So far I've moved myself to a country I stated I'd live in for 6 months (I'm working on 4 and a half years now.)  Learned a new language and a new culture. I’ve celebrated through the ups and praised through the downs. Life in another country is hard. But oh, is it beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment