Wednesday, March 19, 2014

little adventures (august 2011)

Buildings of remarkable shades. Cars speeding by forcing you to remain on or close by the sidewalk. Marketplaces with people shouting out their ‘special prices for you!’. Nothing quite compares to the life and experience of a day in Antigua. The market, full of color and new things is just…amazing. I never tire of entering the market and just…listening. “Blanket for you Miss?”-“What are you looking for?”- the voices of those calling out to the foreigners…or to the kids giggling because I totally just butchered my Spanish, again. I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
While I’ve journeyed to Antigua multiple times, I’ve never been to Cerro de la Cruz. It’s just a short little hike to the top of a hill in Antigua, and from there you can look out and see the whole town-it’s so cool.
Cerro de la Cruz. one of the most breath-taking views I’ve ever seen in all of Guatemala, found in the quaint historical town of Antigua. There are so many things that I haven’t done in Guatemala yet, and climbing to the cross was one of them. Until today. Climbing, and seeing this huge cross just really struck me. It’s one of those things where, I know Christ died on a cross. I know that the cross picture we all hold in our minds probably aren’t actually like what the cross Jesus died on was like. Seeing that cross was like-wow. Christ died on one of THOSE for me. All because he has this amazing love for me that my mind just can’t comprehend.
While we haven’t done much thus far, tomorrow is Pacaya…promising an eventful post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment