Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Missions prior to Guate: Welcome to Portland, ME. Day 2.

Day Two:
The clubs were spectacular. We had over twenty kids come out from the projects today, and words can’t even describe how captivated they were by all that was going on.
My heart was full of such joy at the sight of how God is working in these inner-city kids lives…it’s simply amazing. It’s only day two and here I am trying to put my thoughts from today into words…and I can’t! These kids are SO excited that we’re coming ALL week to play with them. It breaks your heart when you sit back and think that the reason they are so excited about us coming is purely because they don’t receive that kind of love from the people in their lives. They come up to you and just…steal your heart!
There’s this little girl named Nyaluak. (NYE-AH-LOO-NACK….haha) She’s so sweet, and would totally run the show if you’d let her. She’s become my little buddy for the week. Then there are the little two year olds Alfred (Adanaki is his real name….I’ve been calling this poor kid the wrong name for two days now!) and Henry, who are technically to little to come, but who can turn away kids when we are teaching them about God’s love for us?
Needless to say, both clubs went great again. And if I could put this into better words, I would! But I can’t even get my mind to convey the words to my fingertips as I’m typing this…It’s just simply an act of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment